Easy Vegan Chilaquiles
It's beginning to feel like fall - time for warm, hearty breakfast food like these flavorful chilaquiles...
Come fall, I want an easy breakfast - not a lot of chopping, washing, or other work to do. I want to stay in my cozy bed as long as possible, and whip up something warm and tasty to get me through till lunch. This is the perfect dish for those chilly mornings.
- Toasted or air-fried corn tortillas (1-2 per person, depending on how hungry you are) - OR - if you want even less work, use a handful of your favorite tortilla chips.
- Firm or Extra Firm Tofu (about 2 inches per person), crumbled
- Soy Yogurt (see recipe here, or use vegan sour cream)
- Your favorite salsa and/or hot sauce
- Vegan cheese (I recommend Violife)
- Optional: Add in beans for a heartier dish or fresh veggies to boost nutrition. This is a super versatile dish. Be creative.
Watch my short video to see how to put it all together.