Totally Non-Weird Vegan Ranch Dressing/Dip
This creamy ranch dressing/dip is perfect for swaddling baby carrots and coating chilly cherry-tomatoes. It also happens to be oil free and easy to make, with just 5 measly ingredients! It's not bad on potato chips either.
Weirdness be gone! By tapping into the Life Changing Magic of Homemade Soy Yogurt (which may sound intimidating, but is actually super easy), you can have a totally non-weird ranch dressing you will love.
Ingredients for 2-3 servings (or one, if you LOVE ranch):
- 1/3 cup strained (or 1/2 cup unstrained) Homemade Soy Yogurt. Do not use store bought. I have yet to find a brand that doesn't have vanilla, even in the "plain" flavor. Vanilla ranch is deeply weird.
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic (I know, you're thinking why not fresh? It just tastes more authentic this way).
- 1-2 finely chopped, small sprigs flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste (start with a little and add more as needed).
Method:For dip, use strained yogurt.
- Stir in salt, pepper, garlic and parsley.
- Refrigerate 2 hours so flavors can meld.
- Taste and adjust flavorings to your preference.
For dressing, use unstrained yogurt or add back in a bit of the whey or some water to thin to your desired dressing consistency. Be sure to add whey or water in small amounts - a teaspoon at a time so it's not too watery.
Follow the same steps as above. You will just need a bit more seasoning. Don't overdo the garlic. It tends to develop in the fridge. You can always add more later, but once it's in, you can't get it out again.